Currently there are no USPSA events planned. Please check back for updates.
We are an independent club who adhere to all rules published by the USPSA (United States Practical Shooting Association) with an emphasis on safety.
We will post scores here as the matches take place.
The Safety Protocols outlined below are designed to keep everyone safe. It is your responsibility to know them; someone’s life may depend on it. If you do not understand them, ask a Range Officer to go over them with you. Any violation of any safety rule is grounds for your immediate removal from the range for the day. A second offense will result in your permanent expulsion from club activity.
- The 1st Law of Gun Safety -Keep The Gun pointed in a safe direction
- The 2nd Law of Gun Safety – Keep your finger OFF the trigger until ready to shoot.
- The 3rd Law of Gun Safety – Always Keep the Gun unloaded until ready to shoot.
All new shooters who have not competed in USPSA are required to participate in a Colorado River Area Practical Shooters Safety check. NO exceptions are made for law enforcement or military personnel.
Abbreviated Range Safety Protocols
A safety briefing will be given prior to the start of every club shoot. It is your responsibility to present and understand the day’s shooting requirements, as they do change with each location we shoot at.
- Know and identify the Range officers. They are here for your safety and to help you.
- We operate a Cold Range. If you arrive with a loaded firearm, notify a range officer, and they will accompany you to a safety area to clear your firearm. You will never handle a firearm except under the direction of a range officer. (NOTE) No one may carry loaded firearms.
- You may load magazines/speed loaders in the shooter staging area.
- Prior to competing, your firearm and gear will be inspected for safety and compliance with USPSA regulations.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct is not tolerated.